A picturesque place with several falls and a dam, that’s a simple description of ‘Bhandardara’. Hidden in Sahyadri hills, this place isn’t much known to people except the nature lovers in Mumbai and Pune.
Let’s look at some pictures:
Things to do in Bhandardara
One thing that Bhandardara offers in plenty is opportunities for walks and trails. And if you are wanting to exert more, there are treks to be taken and the best one is to the Kalsubai Peak. There are several agencies that conduct guided treks to the peak or to the nearby hill forts.
Where to Stay?
Since this place isn’t a popular tourist destination, your options for stay are pretty limited. There are a few mid-budget resorts including one of MTDC.
How to Reach?
Bhandardara is 165 km from Mumbai and almost at a same distance from Pune. The nearest railway station is at Igatpuri (41 km). Kasara station where Mumbai local trains ply is about 65 km. Taxis can be hired from Kasara or Igatpuri.
- Bagh: The Printing Process Developed On The Banks of Baghini River
- Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka: An Art Gallery Dating Back To The Prehistoric Times
- Blue City: The Quaint Lanes and Alleys Flanked With Blue Coloured Houses
- Dabu: A Traditional Indian Technique of Using Mud To Decorate The Fabrics
- Mehrangarh Fort: The Creation of Angels, Fairies And Giants
- Umaid Bhawan: This Ostentatious Palace Was A Famine Relief Project